Friday 8 June 2007

Supply and Demand

It’s been a while since I blogged on this here site and I deleted all my previous blogs, I wonder if anybody around here that read them is still around. No matter, I feel like I’m on my own little island and it’s rather nice.

Anyway I’ve been thinking about prostitution, no not doing it, jeezuz nobody could afford a fine filly like myself, neigh, just the nature of it. It’s something I’ve often contemplated after living in Holland for a couple of years. I mean over there you see the girls in their windows every time you go out for a drink. But I got to thinking about it after hearing some people talking about prostitutes and how they thought they were “disgusting” and their punters are “disgusting” too. Quite frankly the thought of prostitution takes me to some sleazy places I’d rather not go to and personally it’s something I’d never do but who’s to say, maybe if I’d gone down the wrong path….. horrible thought but hey other women choose that path so…..

Anyway moving on, I’ve listened to a whole lot of people with views like the ones of the people I was talking to recently and I’ve read a whole lot of stuff by people with similar views. Most of the time it’s dressed up mighty pretty, people love to pretend they’re debating about it, when really all they want to say is “fucking sluts!” It’d actually be a whole lot more honest and would waste a lot less of their own, and other peoples time, if they just came out and said that.

This is a matter I find has many shades of grey, rather than simply being black and white. And I often wonder who the fuck I am to judge when I know piss all about it but I’m the type of person that likes to experience before getting on my high horse (neigh?). However, I do at times, find myself blaming most of it on men, men can be so fucking needy, they get so lonely and begin to feel really insecure if they don’t stick their dick in something now and again. I mean take men out of the equation and…. no prossies, surely!? Well that brings me on to the increase of male prostitutes who are servicing women. So many women are obviously just the same as these men I’ve slated…. hmm.

I also feel awful sorry for some men and women too, for instance what if you have a mild learning difficulty, you’re not quite disabled not quite what many people would term “normal”? And due to that learning difficulty you will just never score out in the big bad world, it does happen all the time you know. Or what if you’re disfigured or hideously ugly (don’t hate me for saying that as there are some seriously ugly people in the world). We’d all like to think that there is “somebody for everybody out there” but sadly that’s just not true. So, what if you are one of these people? Would you be disgusting if you went to a prostitute and paid for sex? Would that make the prostitute disgusting for servicing you?

For instance, I knew of a guy that lived in my area, a highly respected man, who’s wife was really ill, it was a long term illness. Everybody in our area found out he was going to prostitutes, people thought he was disgusting because he did, they were all going around asking “why not find another woman?” surely the answer is simple, he didn’t want another woman, he wanted his wife and he wanted sex, not a fucking relationship with someone else! I mean it would have been really disgusting if he’d up and left his wife for another woman when his wife was terminally ill would it not?!

People are so fucking simple minded about sex, they just cannot separate sex and love but sex and love are not always related I’m afraid, sometimes people just need a good shag and sometimes you can’t force yourself to shag someone you love if the chemistry isn’t there!

I’m not saying I like the idea of prostitution, I’m not saying it doesn’t creep me out, I’m not saying I agree with it and I’m not saying that I don’t think some of the people who go to prostitutes aren’t fucking disgusting, pervy weirdos but I am saying that there are definitely instances where it’s maybe not such a bad thing, that maybe it isn’t always disgusting. Maybe sometimes, some people shouldn’t be forced to go their whole lives without having their basic needs fulfilled just because the majority think it’s “disgusting”. And I am saying that just because you don’t agree with something you shouldn’t treat other human beings like they’re pieces of shit. There aren’t many things in life that are black and white and this is just another one of them that isn’t. So before you open up your self-righteous mouth and start yabbering on about how fucking lily white you are, try thinking first, try going without sex for ten years or try having two choices, go hungry again or sell your arse!

6 comments:

The Blogtometrist said...

Well personally, because I am silly white I find the whole concept of sex just disgusting. All that thrusting and sweating... Eeuurghhhh!

Nah, of course I'm joking, I like a good old session of bumping uglies I do.

And because I'm one of these dreadful liberal types, I often think that a government would do well to actually legalise prostitution. Think of the tax revenue they could rake in. You could think of it as "mercy lovin'" to help the sexually needy and as an extra bonus, our schools and hospitals too.

As to the rise of male prostitutes, it's no surprise really, there's been a huge social and cultural shift over the years and women have to work very hard to earn a crust and in doing so, their carreers allow little time for dating before mating.

Hey, this is really refreshing!

Huzzah!

Freakosaurus said...

Arf "Mercy Lovin" I like it! I think we should look after these women and men of the night a bit better. It works to a certain extent in Holland so why not here? Surely anything would be preferable to the situation we have in this country now, with hookers being murdered left, right and center. And it would lovely to have a little less sexual repression in this country.

And it is refreshing isn't it, it's so quiet ha ha ha!

The Blogtometrist said...

Oh aye and I forgot to make the point about there being better security involved if it was to be legit.

Good point.

Freakosaurus said...

Imagine the job opportunities all this security and the like would provide. Ach this country is daft!

Dougal said...

The creepiest thing I have ever seen was on an Interrailing trip, in Amsterdam. The 'Dam is well known for its seamy underside, and seeing as our hostel was in the red light district, we could see the seams close up.

One night on our way back from a session of Oranjeboom beers and mayonnaisey chips, we were passing one of the rows of the white-tiled booths that the sex workers of Amsterdam call home. The ladies were all hanging out of the patio doors on the front looking absolutely terrifying. A little way along, however, was a crowd of Japanese businessmen, stood round one particular booth. As we passed there was some jostling in the crowd, and one of their number was literally pushed forward and into the booth with frankly one of the scariest looking women I have ever seen. The door shut, the red light went on like the duty light on a taxi, and I suppose business was transacted. As we turned the corner, the crowd started to cheer.

Freakosaurus said...

Ha ha ha, I can just imagine!

One of the ladies took great delight in showing me up in front of my friends because I was quite rudely, gawking at her, she was the biggest momma I've ever seen! She started winking at me and waggling her butt at me, it was terrifying and as such my face must have been a picture so she started killing herself laughing at me.